In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1grupo de presión masculine
- After the Conservative defeat of 1880 he led a small ginger group known as the Fourth Party undermining the party leadership of Northcote.
- They have somehow to stop briefing against one another, stop setting up new ginger groups designed to damage other Tories.
- It is a pity that it could not set itself up as a ginger group within the Tory Party.
- He wanted the organisations to be ‘vanguard movements’ - ginger groups stirring the pot of accepted notions and ways of doing things.
- He warned: ‘We are still a ginger group and will act as one when necessary.’
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.