In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Acute ulcerative gingivitis (Vincent's disease) results from severe infection of the gums and is extremely painful.
- Other oral conditions including dental abscesses, caries, gingivitis and oral ulceration (herpetic or bacterial) may occur.
- A common periodontal disease is gingivitis - inflammation of the gums characterized by redness, swelling, and sometimes bleeding.
- Gum bleeding is usually caused by gingivitis which is inflammation of the gum margin around the necks of the teeth.
- This early stage of the disease is called gingivitis.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.