In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(evidence)his reaction was a dead giveaway — su reacción lo delató
- her accent is a real giveaway — el acento la vende
2.1(free gift)regalo masculinethe aid program is nothing more than a giant giveaway — el programa de ayudas no es más que un despilfarro sin sentido
- before noun a giveaway budget — un presupuesto que beneficia al contribuyente
- at giveaway prices — a precio de regalo
- You'll also have an opportunity to win free giveaways, and get information.
- And the trick is having discounts and sales along with free giveaways all the year.
- His use of an incentive, called tax-increment financing, to attract developers has been criticized as a tax giveaway for companies that don't need financial breaks.
- Sporting and cultural events are beacons for promotional giveaways by newspapers.
- Plus, there's a promotional giveaway on Friday.
- At the ABC's internal local radio awards, the gong for best promotion went to a giveaway of a free trip to France.
- This ensures that purchasing decisions are based on product efficacy and not in any way tied to free giveaways.
- How many times have you seen car giveaways or contests promoting a free trip to an exotic location and wondered who the winners were?
- However, these figures have been influenced by a spate of free CDs and other giveaways which have kept sales up.
- Their makers hope the phones will become popular promotional giveaways, like phone cards emblazoned with corporate logos.
- Free giveaways for the first 100 people at each campus.
- Then there's promotional albums and giveaways the labels give to wholesalers, retailers, radio and the press.
- Entry is free and there will be CD giveaways and drinks promotions.
- I'm doing tons of free giveaways to celebrate my blog's 5th year anniversary.
- The competition is free to enter and there will be other promotions and giveaways over the next few weeks.
- Many ideas for promotional giveaways have been born at trade shows, which are geared toward the minor leagues.
- Free champagne and giveaways throughout the night!
- That probably doesn't mean shattered windows and office occupations, but more likely petitions and free food giveaways like one held last March.
- Cartoons, giveaways, and promotional products are analyzed in how they attempt to get teenagers to smoke.
- Expect much debaucherous revelry and free CD giveaways!
2.2(sth easily done, obtained)that last question was a giveaway — la última pregunta estaba regalada / tirada informal
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.