In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1nombre de pila masculine
- I know two people with the same name, that is, the same given name and the same surname.
- Your character has to have a surname and a given name.
- Her given name, middle, and surname were assigned at random so a birth certificate could be made up.
- After all, what does one do with two given names like ‘Victoria’ and ‘Elizabeth’ except give oneself a few royal airs.
- Girls are often given names of flowers or gems, while boys might be given names that suggest strength.
- Although her given names were Dorothy Janet, my mother's name was Jan to all those who knew her.
- Only the given name and the first three letters of the family name are recorded on the client information database.
- The second is the generational name and the given name written last.
- It occurred to her then she had never heard his given name, only the title.
- Placenames can give us fascinating insights into local history, given names into social history, and surnames into the family history or genealogy.
- I loath my middle name, where as my brother despises his given name.
- But Chinese never use just the surname to address a person as foreigners often do and they seldom call others by their given name if the name is only a single word.
- All entries must include rank, full given names, family name, unit, point of contact telephone number and e-mail address of the photographer.
- Instead, each person has a given name, followed by the given names of his or her father, grandfather, and so on.
- I know that I am in trouble when she refers to me not by my given name but by my proper title.
- In both cases, the sports world knows of them by names different from their given names.
- Asian American surnames usually follow the English manner, with the given name first and the surname last.
- It's a little like carrying both a given name and a family name.
- Family names come first and given names second.
- Sunny by name (her given name is Sonia) and sunny by nature, she says that laughter and living well are the best revenge for what has happened to her.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.