1llenar de alegríallenar de gozo literaryto gladden sb's heart — levantarle el ánimo a algn
- to see such faith gladdens the heart — reconforta ver tanta fe
- That has to stand as one of the stranger things I've heard in the past few years, and it gladdens my heart if only because the level of sheer preposterousness in rock music has sadly fallen lately.
- The river's flowing produces a melodious sound that gladdens their ears.
- And the spectacle of so many women doing something practical for such a vital cause will gladden the heart.
- This should gladden my libertarian heart - government intervention doesn't work!
- The sight itself is enough to serve as stress buster, gladdening one's heart.
- The shift, in any case, is a step sure to gladden multilateralist hearts.
- That is a situation to gladden many a heart, but what is the reason behind the turn around in fortunes?
- Our little girl, now nearly 28 months old, is still on the breast, and this gladdens my heart because it's where I think she should be.
- Whittling something down to its essentials gladdens my editor's heart.
- The prices charged were outrageous, and my libertarian heart was gladdened.
- From crackers to carol singers, Santa to stocking fillers, everything about the festive season is designed to gladden the hearts of children.
- Would her sparkle have brightened my days, her wit and humour gladdened my heart?
- The worms looked good and healthy, and the compost they produced would gladden the heart of any gardener.
- Gat lots of economics questions, and it gladdens our hearts.
- The formation of union gladdened the hearts of the students who had been demanding this privilege for quite some time now.
- Instead, it received across-the-board critical acclaim, without much in the way of promotion, and became the kind of minor success story that gladdens the heart.
- A comment left on Lex's post certainly gladdens my heart.
- Under the streamlined hood of the four-wheeler, there was much to gladden the heart of the owner.
- It's about that which gladdens a woman's heart the most: jewellery.
- Obviously we can't promote all of the comments to the main section, but the fact that readers are leaving dialogue bits in the comments really gladdens our hearts.