In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(person/star) glamoroso(dress) glamoroso(dress) seductor(lifestyle) sofisticado(job) rodeado de glamour(occasion/party) elegante(party/occasion) sofisticado
- The acclaim was richly deserved, but things were less glamorous from her point of view.
- Her schoolgirl French sounded very glamorous to me.
- Both fields look so glamorous from outside but it's so tough out there.
- From a business point of view, these are not the most glamorous companies.
- The glamorous showbiz star has a huge cocaine addiction and it was starting to affect her work
- None of this will make vaccines as glamorous - or as profitable - as drugs.
- I was wondering how I could make my hair look as glamorous.
- Styling may sound very glamorous, but it's not all it seems.
- He is actually playing the part of a giant doughnut, which doesn't sound very glamorous to us.
- But for me, its certainly not the money and its not the glamorous lifestyle.
- My local station was 100 years old this year, and is rather less glamorous.
- Although it was less glamorous, it was still very comfortable.
- I did my hair every day, and felt almost glamorous at times.
- The media focus as much on his glamorous lifestyle as on his flourishing business.
- So how does she find the time to look so glamorous?
- Remember when the thought of mobile phone at the pool seemed glamorous?
- It came as a shock to learn that they were not these glamorous, mysterious creatures but that they had feet of clay.
- All those beautiful women will make swimming seem more glamorous to the rest of the world.
- But the whole point is, I wanted the devil to be glamorous.
- The whole place is impossibly glamorous and the wealth on display is something else.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.