In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- This includes those of the parasympathetic nervous system in the heart, glandular tissue, and smooth muscle.
- Barrett's mucosa was reported if glandular mucosa was present in a biopsy sample from the oesophagus.
- Both squamous and glandular cancers can arise in the cervix.
- The prostate is a glandular, fibromuscular organ that lies at the base of the bladder and surrounds the urethra.
- The prostate specimen showed glandular and stromal hyperplasia.
- HIV may manifest as a glandular fever-like illness with seroconversion.
- The diagnosis is made when elements of squamous or glandular differentiation cannot be proven.
- In hypertrophie gastritis, there is usually considerable chronic inflammation and glandular atrophy.
- Tonsils are glandular tissue located on both sides of the throat.
- All 8 previously reported cases and the present case showed a variable degree of glandular atrophy.
- Microscopically, the tumor is characterized by glandular or ductal structures with variable organization.
- Typical cuboidal prostatic glandular epithelium lined most of the glands.
- The true origin of the glandular neoplasms of the external ear canal is controversial.
- Normal and hyperplastic glandular epithelium present in the biopsies was counted as an internal control.
- Histologically, the tumor showed glandular and solid architecture.
- The glandular epithelium secretes a mucoid fluid rich in glycogen.
- Areas of glandular and squamous differentiation can be present.
- In light of the cyst recurrence and the glandular tumor in the spleen, a distal pancreatectomy was performed.
- The glandular epithelium resembles that seen in apocrine sweat glands.
- Further studies are needed to more clearly define the association between oral contraceptives and glandular lesions.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.