In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Both squamous and glandular cancers can arise in the cervix.
- This includes those of the parasympathetic nervous system in the heart, glandular tissue, and smooth muscle.
- Barrett's mucosa was reported if glandular mucosa was present in a biopsy sample from the oesophagus.
- The prostate is a glandular, fibromuscular organ that lies at the base of the bladder and surrounds the urethra.
- Tonsils are glandular tissue located on both sides of the throat.
- All 8 previously reported cases and the present case showed a variable degree of glandular atrophy.
- Typical cuboidal prostatic glandular epithelium lined most of the glands.
- Further studies are needed to more clearly define the association between oral contraceptives and glandular lesions.
- In light of the cyst recurrence and the glandular tumor in the spleen, a distal pancreatectomy was performed.
- The true origin of the glandular neoplasms of the external ear canal is controversial.
- Areas of glandular and squamous differentiation can be present.
- The prostate specimen showed glandular and stromal hyperplasia.
- Normal and hyperplastic glandular epithelium present in the biopsies was counted as an internal control.
- Microscopically, the tumor is characterized by glandular or ductal structures with variable organization.
- Histologically, the tumor showed glandular and solid architecture.
- The diagnosis is made when elements of squamous or glandular differentiation cannot be proven.
- The glandular epithelium secretes a mucoid fluid rich in glycogen.
- In hypertrophie gastritis, there is usually considerable chronic inflammation and glandular atrophy.
- HIV may manifest as a glandular fever-like illness with seroconversion.
- The glandular epithelium resembles that seen in apocrine sweat glands.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.