In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1mononucleosis (infecciosa) feminine
- In addition to its role in glandular fever the Epstein-Barr virus is also associated with several different neoplasms.
- She was diagnosed with liver damage almost a year ago, and has also suffered from extreme tiredness and a series of illnesses including chicken pox, tonsillitis, flu and glandular fever.
- Recognition that the spleen had ruptured was delayed because of the patient's stable clinical condition and lack of coexisting symptoms of infectious mononucleosis.
- Also hepatitis B, glandular fever and intestinal parasites have been associated.
- Epstein-Barr virus is very common and transmissible virus in the herpes family that causes infectious mononucleosis.
- Many people, especially children, have few or no noticeable symptoms of glandular fever.
- She had suffered from glandular fever, migraine and scoliosis (curvature of the spine), and thought she had a brain tumour.
- Typical features of infectious mononucleosis include fever, pharyngitis, adenopathy, malaise, and an atypical lymphocytosis.
- Herpes viruses, including the one that causes glandular fever (Epstein-Barr virus), are the second most common cause of viral meningitis.
- When they do happen, they are similar to other viral infections such as glandular fever.
- And so if you've had say, hepatitis or glandular fever and you're feeling tired or fatigued afterwards, is that Chronic Fatigue Syndrome?
- Some viral illnesses, such as glandular fever, can cause overwhelming tiredness that takes months to settle.
- Symptoms tend to resemble the flu or infectious mononucleosis (swollen glands, fatigue, muscle aches, malaise, fever).
- The disease may be indistinguishable from infectious mononucleosis.
- A person with glandular fever is most infectious when they have a fever (high temperature).
- The glandular fever virus can also be a cause of hepatitis.
- Say hello to glandular fever, infectious mononucelosis, kissing disease.
- A negative result of an antibody test, particularly during the first week of illness, may indicate that the patient does not have infectious mononucleosis.
- In infectious mononucleosis, the Epstein-Barr virus primarily infects B lymphocytes.
- Mononucleosis hepatitis occurs in approximately 10 percent of cases of infectious mononucleosis.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.