In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1techo de cristal masculinetope masculineto help women break through the glass ceiling of promotion — ayudar a las mujeres a romper las barreras que les impiden continuar ascendiendo
- So who said the glass ceiling was a thing of the past?
- Are women in Corporate Japan finally breaking through the glass ceiling?
- She's knocked hard on her own version of the glass ceiling, and broken through.
- There is a glass ceiling against the women as a candidate for top positions.
- The minority of women who do break through the glass ceiling manage only because they rely on an army of other women who don't.
- Or is there a firm glass ceiling at the workplace preventing talented women from moving upwards once they reach a certain level?
- To get through the glass ceiling you need a diamond cutter.
- Is there a glass ceiling at tenure and promotion for female candidates?
- It is clear that more women are breaking through the glass ceiling to reach the top.
- Yes, indeed, sexism is alive and well, even after you break through the glass ceiling.
- There has been, of late, a lot of talk about women breaking the glass ceiling.
- For long the debate on women bureaucrats has been confined to the glass ceiling and their ability to keep long working hours due to family pressures.
- The problem for women is breaking through the glass ceiling, not getting equal compensation once they do so.
- Many say their skills are not utilized well enough, and they feel they are hitting a glass ceiling in their adopted countries.
- There is a glass ceiling on opportunity in this country.
- Even with your defense of the article, it seems to me that she is blaming women for the glass ceiling that limits their advancement.
- Successful initiatives for breaking the glass ceiling to upward mobility for minorities and women.
- We want to remove what might be perceived as a glass ceiling for women compared to men.
- The corporate glass ceiling is making a comeback in the boardroom with the number of UK women directors falling to a three-year low.
- But if the glass ceiling that is excluding women from senior positions continues to operate, we will find ourselves with a problem in the future.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.