In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- There has been a lot of debate about whether high blood pressure increases the risk of glaucoma.
- He also has arthritis and is in the early stages of glaucoma, another disease leading to gradual loss of sight.
- In both uveitis and acute glaucoma, patients complain of deep, aching pain with loss of vision.
- One way round the ethical obstacle was to look at patients with normal pressure glaucoma because many of these were not treated anyway.
- If the rise in pressure is slow, pain is not a feature of glaucoma until the pressure is extremely high.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.