In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- The language, intentions and deeds of terrorists and preachers of globalism, the neo-imperialists and the war-tailors alike, are endangering human life and making our planet a less safe place.
- Free-trade globalism now appears to have also run its course.
- It is globalism of economic processes that account for why the world, and not just the single nation, is the relevant domain to consider in understanding this.
- Today's corporate globalism, promising to improve the lives of the downtrodden, resembles the communist globalism of a bygone era.
- I mean, globalism and the accompanying economics were supposed to bring debt free governments.
- The world is finite and globalism is now being met by a global people's initiative.
- This dynamic in which every particularity is being eroded by globalism and the contrasting and conflicting calls and actions for integration of culture, technology, and economics, affects us all.
- The most effective way of finessing this conflict between isolationism and globalism was to be systematically exploited in the 20th century.
- Their discussion is brief, but it raises useful questions, concerning isolationism vs. globalism.
- The parallels between the schools of reflexive anti-Americanism and big-business globalism are far from exact, but they are multiple and they are suggestive.
- And corporate globalism is worthy of militant opposition.
- Representatives of these countries should be brought to the table consistently, unless economic globalism means that the world's largest countries are empowered to set the tone for everyone else.
- The same trouble is reflected in discussion of globalism: most people find it strange to be against protectionism, for global trade, but against war.
- The only thing that can be safely predicted is a purge of the glib globalism that understands little about economics, nothing about national wealth, and less than nothing about comparative labor productivity.
- Thus one of the linguistic consequences of globalism is that people now face pressing comparative questions about their native languages.
- However, one can appreciate the importance of globalization without slipping into such globalism.
- Our workers are being sacrificed on the altar of globalism.
- Moreover in the double demise of an earlier capitalism and colonialism, the rise of transnational globalism had made this cultural space even more paradoxical.
- Global systems theory based on transnational practices is an attempt to escape from the limitations of state-centrism and to avoid the exaggerations of globalism.
- Economic globalism and military globalism are not just distinct; they represent opposing forces in the world today.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.