In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Resonance energy transfer efficiency is strongly affected by changes in the donor-acceptor distance on the order of a typical globular protein.
- First, the titin molecule is composed of a discrete number of globular domains and a nonglobular segment.
- The musa lasiocarpa is both dwarf and hardy, and when established produces unusual yellow globular flowers.
- These 5-to 6-nm - wide chains of globular subunits are interpreted as individual tubulin protofilaments in a curved guanosine diphosphate conformational state.
- Both have a globular or bulbous bell and the reed is placed on a curved or angled crook.
- We wandered up into the hills, which are sprinkled just at the moment with globular sheep: first lambs are due hereabouts in ten days or so.
- It consisted of multiple red-brown globular nodules measuring 1 to 3.5 cm, with smaller fine nodules emerging from their surfaces.
- The number of observed nanostructures (i.e., fibrils, filaments, and globular aggregates) reduces when the concentration is below 0.1 mg/ml.
- These differences might be related to the shape of the species in water, namely, the globular structure of meta-substituted porphyrins and the dimeric form of the zinc porphyrins.
- But for all the lingering on inky skies or globular dollops of snow outside a window pane, the story never meanders.
- These have expanding necks and bulbous to globular bodies.
- The small differences among various amino acids are diminished further by averaging over the rather similar compositions of globular proteins.
- The bottle has a direct neck and a globular body and an evened and rounded lip.
- As some of the water was removed, tiny globular islands, or ‘micelles’ of solid material formed in the solution.
- The fruits, which are globular, berrylike, are pea shaped, contain four or five seeds.
- The complete quenching also suggests that lipids in the membrane are not arranged in aggregated or globular constructs that may prevent CO 2 + access.
- The bottom disc, resting on three padded feet, is the base, while the globular glass shade sits on the top one.
- The stability of the simulations of this large system (- 800 residues and 6,650 water molecules) is comparable to more conventional globular protein simulations.
- Other studies in which quasi-static force spectroscopy was applied to globular proteins generally lack details that can be linked directly to the secondary structure of the protein.
- Such a pretty name for a ugly, destruction loving, globular mess.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.