1con pretensiones humorousa vichyssoise is just a glorified leek soup — la vichyssoise no es más que una sopa de puerros con pretensiones
- It wasn't much more than a glorified typewriter, but it suited her fine.
- Since all I ever use the thing for is writing, to me it's just a glorified typewriter.
- Ten years' worth of self-planned and solo treks, climbs, and paddles have taught me it's much better to go out there and meet adventure head-on than to take some kind of glorified bus tour.
- For others it had all the hallmarks of another night of stoic, staid education: the use of the televisual medium as a glorified college professor.
- Lured by a lifelong love of dance, she started as what she describes as ‘a glorified secretary,’ and learned from the bottom up.
- This is a glorified car boot sale and I propose refusal on the grounds of road safety.
- It will always be memorable because we've proven to ourselves that we can live abroad successfully, even on a glorified student budget.
- In reality it appears more as a glorified work visa scheme.
- A glorified secretary for the local police department, Marvin aspires to be a cop.
- Their team is in truth a glorified Inter County side.
- I was horrified when I heard the following sound bites during the glorified PR exercise, disguised as a public information meeting.
- As someone who has only ever designed websites as an aside to proper work or as a glorified hobby, this is hugely flattering, and something I may just take up.
- Is a computer just a glorified typewriter or tablet?
- The neighbors started to whine about living downwind from a smokehouse; my kitchen was reduced to a glorified pantry, used for almost nothing except storing condiments and beer.
- ‘I've been living here for 30 years and this morning I'm looking out my window at a glorified war zone,’ said one woman.
- But those last two shows did dispel any notions that this was just glorified karaoke.
- A village couple claim the bus service for the disabled is being used as a glorified taxi by people fit enough to travel on ordinary buses.
- Despite advances in headphone design, the fact is you are still listening to glorified stereo, where the sounds appear to thump uncomfortably inside your head.
- ‘Our bogs, ditches, back alleys and lanes are being used as a glorified dumping ground by many householders,’ said Michael.
- They may live in glorified squats with a computer or be very wealthy.