In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1goma de pegar femininepegamento masculineto sniff glue — esnifar pegamento slang
- wood glue — cola de carpintero
- before noun glue pen — pegamento tipo lápiz
- The lid was sealed down, and two heavy duty magnets were stuck to the lid, using glue to hold the box on the underside of the car.
- The self-assembly chairs, tables and sofas fit together without screws or glue.
- Madeleine brushed a streak of glue next to the Polaroid and stuck the green paper to the wall.
- The next day I woke up and my eyes had swollen and were stuck together with what seemed like glue.
- I used a strong epoxy glue to secure both the swivel and the brass rod in position.
- The substance was finally identified as white PVA adhesive, a type of industrial glue.
- This kind of glue will stick to animal tissue as well as to metals and other materials.
- Hannah found some scissors, material and glue, while Ton found paints and paintbrushes.
- The glue used was an epoxy resin of which two types were employed for different reasons.
- Then designate him as the control, and stick to him like glue for the rest of the night.
- Squeeze a dot of glue in the middle of the stick and press the face bead in it until set.
- Modern items use bought-in material like glues and plastic resins which are not produced locally.
- The meat was being made to adhere together due, basically, to toxic glue.
- Adhesives and glues are substances that are capable of bonding two solid materials together at their surfaces.
- Researchers plan to use the substance as a sort of glue for teeth-straightening braces.
- Every day she would proudly leave the Club with some brilliant construction in lolly sticks, paint and glue.
- The Chantelle Bleau Memorial Fund has spent the past six years campaigning to raise awareness of the dangers of volatile substances such as glues, gasses and aerosols by visiting schools.
- Most shoemakers work in big factories where conditions are usually unhealthy because of the noise and working with chemical substances such as glues, solvents and dressings.
- The glue supplied to stick nail on nail would do a sterling job of adhering the girders of the Forth Bridge together.
- So I decided to make it thicker by adding a rubber layer, again glued with neoprene glue.
1(stick)pegarencolarfold the edges and glue them down — doblar los bordes y pegarlos
- she glued the pieces together — pegó las piezas
2(fix)keep your eyes glued on the road — no apartes la vista de la carretera
- he was glued to the television — estaba pegado a la televisión
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.