In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1goma de pegar femininepegamento masculineto sniff glue — inhalar pegamento
- wood glue — cola de carpintero
- before noun glue pen — pegamento tipo lápiz
- The lid was sealed down, and two heavy duty magnets were stuck to the lid, using glue to hold the box on the underside of the car.
- The glue used was an epoxy resin of which two types were employed for different reasons.
- The meat was being made to adhere together due, basically, to toxic glue.
- This kind of glue will stick to animal tissue as well as to metals and other materials.
- So I decided to make it thicker by adding a rubber layer, again glued with neoprene glue.
- The glue supplied to stick nail on nail would do a sterling job of adhering the girders of the Forth Bridge together.
- The Chantelle Bleau Memorial Fund has spent the past six years campaigning to raise awareness of the dangers of volatile substances such as glues, gasses and aerosols by visiting schools.
- Madeleine brushed a streak of glue next to the Polaroid and stuck the green paper to the wall.
- Hannah found some scissors, material and glue, while Ton found paints and paintbrushes.
- Every day she would proudly leave the Club with some brilliant construction in lolly sticks, paint and glue.
- Modern items use bought-in material like glues and plastic resins which are not produced locally.
- Adhesives and glues are substances that are capable of bonding two solid materials together at their surfaces.
- The substance was finally identified as white PVA adhesive, a type of industrial glue.
- I used a strong epoxy glue to secure both the swivel and the brass rod in position.
- The next day I woke up and my eyes had swollen and were stuck together with what seemed like glue.
- Squeeze a dot of glue in the middle of the stick and press the face bead in it until set.
- The self-assembly chairs, tables and sofas fit together without screws or glue.
- Researchers plan to use the substance as a sort of glue for teeth-straightening braces.
- Then designate him as the control, and stick to him like glue for the rest of the night.
- Most shoemakers work in big factories where conditions are usually unhealthy because of the noise and working with chemical substances such as glues, solvents and dressings.
1(stick)pegarencolarfold the edges and glue them down — doblar los bordes y pegarlos
- she glued the pieces together — pegó las piezas
- The first step is in assembling the figures which simply involves gluing the arms together.
- Cluster three chestnuts side by side in a circle, gluing them together with your glue gun.
- This problem was solved when I glued a wooden tongue depressor to the pieces.
- After building a wall of sandbags outside the shop, he glued the door shut, put silicone around it and settled in.
- The application of sufficient pressure to unlock the locking chain from the other chains can be increased using other locking techniques such as melting or glueing the beads together.
- Because the bag part has to be glued into the frame it's a bit fiddly, I got a bit of glue on the outside of the purse.
- It wasn't that gluing them together healed anything.
- My eyelids are glued together, and I feel like I'm doing everything in slow motion.
- Tender keyboard melodies and skeletal guitar rhythms are glued together in darkness.
- To further embellish the tag, embroider a motif on the second tag before gluing the two together.
- Meticulously gluing them together piece by piece, Kaufman builds up feathered layers and leaflike clusters of paint.
- Once all the pieces were made I glued it together and slid it onto the case fan.
- The most common criticism of British hardcovers is that they are glued rather than sewn.
- While Amelia and Lisa work on their paint-by-numbers sets, Andrea sits on the floor, gluing hot-pink thread to a transparency.
- With long sideburns of my own already in place, Jo has to cut the fake ones in half before glueing them on to my face.
- Seals are being pressed into service as mobile marine laboratories, with scientists gluing instruments to their backs in an attempt to find out more about global warming.
- The curves were achieved by laminating thin boards, gluing them together and shaping them with a vise.
- I take it off my tongue where it seems to have glued itself, put it back in, take another drink of water.
- Make sure to use pipe cleaner before gluing your pipe fittings together.
- A cylinder was created from this rectangle, 12 inches tall, by gluing the ends together
2(fix)keep your eyes glued on the road — no apartes la vista de la carretera
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.