In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1jején masculinemasculine mosquito
- The pantyhose cover is effective in keeping fruit flies and gnats from moving in and out of the column.
- Most people would probably mistake them for small flies, such as gnats or midges.
- The air over the high purple heather was dense with heavy black gnats, flying ants, and scary but sleepy long orange and black insects.
- How many gnats and mosquitoes have you killed without a second thought?
- Now, release a huge swarm of gnats in front of the monitor and continue staring.
- Simply fill its attractive sterling silver jewelry with a citrus-scented oil to naturally repel mosquitoes, gnats, bees and wasps.
- Light still shone through the small window, which they placed a somewhat thick blanket over in the summer to keep gnats and mosquitoes from entering.
- He'll do 2,000 yards of swimming every morning; he'll rappel down any cliff he needs to; he will shake off any small-arms fire as if it were a swarm of gnats.
- Apart from the hum of gnats and mosquitoes and the low rustle of the creek, the scene is silent.
- The swamp itself was muddy, turbid, and infested with biting gnats and mosquitoes.
- If you opt for the latter, though, keep a sharp eye out for airborne swarms of gnats.
- The usual hot summer features ferocious mosquitoes at sunset, gnats, biting nits, mayflies, moths and green flies, and spiders and their webs everywhere, harvesting the foregoing.
- The Diptera include files, mosquitoes, gnats, midges, and no-see-ums.
- Surprisingly, the gnats departed and no mosquitoes replaced them.
- The skin on the side of his face burned suddenly and the brunette slapped a hand to his cheek, expecting it to come into contact with a mosquito or a gnat.
- The swarms of gnats and mosquitoes were annoying, but augured well for our hopes of spotting tiny bug-eating birds.
- Included among the invertebrates are moth flies, wood gnats, midges, punkies, mosquitoes, marsh beetles, and beelike or wasplike syrphid flies.
- This summer you can enjoy the outdoors without fear of mosquitoes, black flies and gnats.
- Pull on the spider's leg to catapult him up, so he can chow down on flying bees, gnats and butterflies.
- Even with the inside plants, the coffee shop never has to worry about flies or gnats.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.