In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- He also covered motocross, powerboats, touring cars and go-karts, but F1 was his major arena.
- The first time I raced was in a go-kart at age 8.
- Numerous other activities taking place during the day include 4x4 off-road rides, trade stands, go-karts and motor tests.
- That ability dates to when he was 5, running laps in a go-kart as his dad timed him.
- My 6-year-old son Dominic and I have been spending as much time as possible in our go-karts.
- I grew up on a farm and I was an only child and my parents ran a road construction company, my dad used to build little go-karts for me, so I raced a lot of go-karts and dirt bikes when I was growing up.
- McMurray started racing go-karts at 10 and quickly established a winning habit, capturing four U.S. titles.
- As the swarm of go-karts completes its final warm-up lap and hurtles across the starting line, the race is on.
- The Sonoma track offers a diverse calendar of racing events, from go-karts to motorcycles, drag racing, stock cars and sports cars.
- Green's father, David, is a former drag racer who started his sons in go-karts and late models.
- ‘I started racing go-karts at age eight and that was when I started working on cars,’ Green says on his Web site.
- I've been brought up racing go-karts back home in England.
- When I started racing, I did really well in go-karts and saw I had the talent to do it.
- He used cameras mounted on go-karts and computer-graphic imagery.
- In all, he competed in only 23 car races between go-karts and F1.
- There will be classic and vintage cars, racing cars, go-carts, bikes, trucks, service vehicles and just about anything else with wheels.
- Oh yes, go-karts, boats, been all sorts of cars, so this was where I found I could play with big horsepower and be safe.
- They are referred to as go karts, go carts, go-karts, shifter karts, gokarts and many other differently spelled variations.
- One of these houses remained empty for years (the speculation was that it was haunted following the mysterious death of the owner), and had the perfect drive for racing go-karts, bikes and skateboards.
- I've played around with some go-karts here and there, but nothing to speak of.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.