In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1saque de puerta masculinesaque de portería masculinesaque de valla masculine Southern Cone
- Eventually Degen helpfully heads the ball off for a goal kick.
- Australia hassle the Brazilian defence into conceding a corner, Dida flaps in no-man's land, but the corner's overhit and goes straight out the other side for a goal kick.
- Kevin wanted to make sure the Stingrays would be awarded a goal kick to put the ball back into play.
- Except he doesn't; he sort of falls on top of the ball in mid air, sending it squirming out for a goal kick.
- Even when you put the ball down for a goal kick it was blowing away all the time.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.