In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Talking about the challenges and pressures he faced, O'Connell then worked his way through the coaches, forwards, defensemen and goaltenders and told them what they have to overcome.
- Each team can protect players under one of the two following combinations: one goaltender, five defensemen and nine forwards or two goaltenders, three defensemen and seven forwards.
- You still have to protect the goaltender - especially from incidental contact in the crease because goalies are fair game again.
- I remember being goaltender for most of the year because I was back-up goalie and the goaltender got the measles for most of the season.
- But most coaches, Sutter included, say their best penalty killer is their goaltender.
- Several defensemen and goaltenders were equally deserving of consideration because of their critical importance to their teams' success.
- Much like goaltenders, defensemen mature slowly.
- ‘I used to be a stand-up goaltender,’ says Rangers and Team USA goalie Mike Richter.
- But one NHL team official says comparing different cities' prices is like comparing goaltenders to defensemen.
- He notes other ways goaltenders cheat - such as wearing their goalie pads loose so they drop in a way that covers the net better, even when they can't get into position.
- Apparently, some of the Avalanche goaltender's playoff magic has rubbed off on rookie left winger Alex Tanguay, who has lived in Roy's basement all season.
- The game's dominant wingers play the right side, and a right-catching goaltender can be a tough puzzle for shooters to solve.
- After that, the rule was changed to specify that a goaltender must defend against a penalty shot.
- Here's a look at the goaltenders, defensemen and forwards who might never be in such a precarious spot again.
- They know how many times he has been whacked and hacked by opposing defensemen and goaltenders.
- And since its hard-bitten goaltender turned in three shutouts in the first round, the team's fans have turned rabid in the heat.
- Sure, but the best defensemen and goaltenders would be up against the best of the offense.
- Richter recorded nine postseason shutouts as the Rangers goaltender.
- His quickness in going to the net often catches defensemen and goaltenders asleep.
- Teams have gone overseas to find battle-tested goaltenders and seasoned puck-handling defensemen to help run the power play.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.