In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1duende travieso masculinetrasgo masculine
- All of a sudden an army of goblins and dwarfs started marching towards them.
- You see, even though the last goblin died, evil still found hold in weak creatures.
- Thus all of the cultures of the world have stories of unknown beings such as ghosts, goblins, and alien life.
- I see an intrepid adventurer plodding blindly through a world of booby traps, goblins, jesters and dragons.
- Home to a wacky wizard, it's a gothic mansion packed to the rafters with mischievous goblins and no-good ghosts.
- The rock structures in Arches range from giant fists to little goblins.
- There is a group of elves or goblins or aliens or something who show up as I'm drifting off.
- The mean dwellings of gnomes and goblins came into view, as well as armed camps dotted with small fires.
- Nor are they any on goblins, elves, hobbits and powerful rings that make one disappear.
- The two elves approached the last goblin, still stuck to the ground, from both sides.
- It was the target of many attacks by orcs, ogres, trolls, goblins, and the list goes on.
- He had the image of himself, like a goblin or ghost, haunting her gravesite for weeks, vainly trying to protect her.
- Such are the dangers at a time when ghosts and goblins are not the only things scaring American voters.
- The other angle I read into this is that of the child-abduction by goblins and fairies in the tales of yore and of today.
- I wanted to show people that Halloween can be a lot more than simply ghosts and goblins.
- Elves and men and gnomes and goblins alike looked about in fear and confusion.
- Better to just give someone a goblin in jar and let them get on with it.
- On Friday, Halloween was again on everyone's minds and even the odd goblin or ghoul turned up to spend the day with them!
- In the back of the cavern goblins and demons poured in and out in a chaotic flow through many winding tunnels.
- And the dumb goblins, ghouls, and vampires try to take our home from us, so we also have to steal charms and such.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.