In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- But for the good of all of mankind, the arrogance that God is partial to one particular grouping and hence they have a God-given right to be right is not right.
- P.S. In unrelated Scandinavian news, Swedish prisoners are on strike after having been denied their God-given right to weightlift in jail.
- Or will the God-given right to rampant misogyny be defended to the last G&T, the last drooping acrylic cardigan, the last frightened, sexist pipsqueak?
- That's why I feel that it's my God-given right - and indeed, my duty - to rail against the stupidity of others.
- Vincent is blessed with unshakeable self-belief and a God-given mission to get through as many women as possible.
- Deep in our soul, Americans believe that it is our God-given right to consume as much gas as we want at far lower costs than prevail anywhere else on the planet.
- The Israeli government feels that they have a God-given right to possess the territory now know as Israel.
- But somehow, preventative medicine gets spun into an infringement on our God-given right to get blotto wherever and whenever we like.
- Sure, no club has any God-given right to any status, but every club in a league should expect a sporting chance to progress, and those who cannot stand the heat demotion.
- But the daughter now lectures the Mayo voters as if she had a God-given right to their support within the sacred scriptures of Fianna Fail opportunism.
- He is one of those people who thinks he has the God-given right to drive where he likes, when he likes and at whatever speed he chooses to, mowing down anything that gets in his path - road humps are one of his pet hates.
- No one knows how much water the leisure industry should rightfully demand and irrigators simply do not accept that the environment has some God-given right to be vague.
- One of the greatest problems for all of us outside the US is the total failure within the US itself to see this as anything other than America's God-given right.
- Many Americans believe they have a God-given right to possess arms as a last resort against tyranny.
- And, unlike the denizens of Cape May, we strongly resist efforts to interfere with our God-given sexual liberties, like groping women on buses.
- If the people have not suffered enough, it is their God-given right to suffer some more.
- ‘Those people who think they have a God-given right are ignoring the need to argue their case and campaign and change minds,’ Allen said.
- They think they have a God-given right to success on the hurling fields, especially against non-traditional hurling counties.
- Feminism, on the other hand, was interpreted as a rejection of God-given hierarchy and authority on the same scale as Eve's eating the forbidden fruit.
- Some supporters, most supporters respect you and what you do, but some think they have a God-given right to come up to you when they feel like it and tell you what you're doing wrong.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.