In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- They will not set up any idols, gods, goddesses or statues for worship nor shall they worship any human being.
- Worshippers repeat the names of their favourite gods and goddesses, and repeat mantras.
- At the end of the small room there was a deity figure of the goddess Nova the Water Goddess.
- The songs and verses he composed in the praise of various gods and goddesses are most wonderful in quality and quantity.
- The Sun is depicted as a male deity, being embraced by the female moon goddess during an eclipse.
- There may be a Cupid like figure as well, but there is always a love goddess except in monotheisms.
- The Celtic religion features many female deities such as a mother goddesses and war goddesses.
- Why, even Hindu gods and goddesses can be abused freely!
- All rites, rituals, and worship of god and goddesses have been dispensed with.
- Hindus are truly monotheist but worship many gods and goddesses and see the same God in them.
- The fact illustrates the nature of the goddess, and her cult, well enough.
- Venus afterwards was called the Assyrian goddess or Astarte, the queen of heaven.
- Because Wiccans seem to worship nature and nature goddesses and gods, they can be called pantheists.
- Their gods and goddesses were different from those of the Vedic pantheon.
- They adopted a synergetic approach, assimilating native deities with gods or goddesses from their own pantheon.
- The eight lotus petals are the four mothers and four goddesses and the vase represents the vase containing the nectar of accomplishment.
- It shimmers with characters, sayings, spirits, gods and goddesses from a pantheon of faiths.
- The original inhabitants of Oman were pantheists, worshiping various goddesses and gods.
- We worship the gods and goddesses of the Greek pantheon, and use the Greek format of ritual.
- So some of the gods whom we know from the pantheon, goddesses like Hera and Poseidon, were gods who were native to Greece as we know it.
- It takes its inspiration from early screen goddesses, but in those days it took much more bravery to face the chemicals.
- Thank God this was the day for our domestic goddess Inez to show up.
- The French screen goddess may turn out to be the only major star attending.
- Will the all female group of domestic goddesses sweep the board or will they be kicked in to touch by the football supporters?
- Rather than peerless screen goddesses, we see the vulnerable essences of the two stars.
- Who hasn't gloated over candid snaps that show up a former screen goddess in a less than flattering light?
- She might seem bulletproof on screen, but even domestic goddesses need a little downtime.
- I'm still determined to achieve my life goal of becoming a domestic goddess.
- However, Between Strangers needs more than a screen goddess to liven up the material.
- Sigourney Weaver's character becomes the sex goddess of Murray's fantasy… and beyond.
- One would have the looks and figure of a screen goddess, and the drive to make both the best of her opportunities and a host of enemies.
- Even the sex goddess of all things Alien cannot inject eroticism into a plain script.
- One of the great screen goddesses of 1940s and 1950s Hollywood, Bacall is still strikingly handsome.
- This has proved problematic, not only for one ageing screen goddess.
- You should celebrate your inner girly goddess, and there are lots of cool ways to do it.
- Zeta-Jones takes on the supporting role with the style of a natural born screen goddess.
- By the end of the year, she had finally supplanted Liz Hurley as the British newspapers' screen goddess of choice.
- She had fantastic cheekbones and, frankly, was born a natural sex goddess.
- Back in the middle 1930s the stars of the silver screen were goddesses, such as Greta Garbo.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.