In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1literary(God)the Godhead — el Altísimo
- By a unique, transcendent agreement between the persons of the Godhead, God sent and dealt with His Son in our nature as if He, and not us, had been rejected.
- Krishna devotees ardently look upon him as the Godhead, more emotively evocative than most of the other avatars.
- Barth referred to the dead crucified Christ, where every indication of the revelation of the Godhead is lacking.
- For in Him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.
- I didn't like the end bit of the reincarnation about going off and being the Godhead, that was a bit freaky, I didn't want to be into this nothingness.
- To be fair, there are hints that this group may believe in the Holy Trinity - namely, the co-equality of Father, Son and Holy Spirit as three distinguishable persons within the Godhead.
- Whatever needs to be said about how the three persons of the Trinity are related to each other within the life of the Godhead, the New Testament declares that the Spirit's mission in the world is bound up with the glorifying of the Son.
- He interjects the caution that his scriptural image is not intended to ‘attribute creation or fraction or any property of the body to the Godhead,’ but then goes on to explain the meaning of all this.
- Its beliefs are based on a trinitarian God, which means continual community within the Godhead.
- The unity of creation reflects the unity of the Godhead: Father, Son and Spirit.
- Anything that obscures Christ hinders worship, for it immediately distances us from the Godhead.
- The union of Christ and the Father within the Godhead is that which we are to believe and rely upon for the certainty of our salvation.
- First, Willis takes as the ultimate ground of God's holiness the perichoresis of the three persons in the Godhead.
- On most Sundays, and in most people's experience, the Spirit is the forgotten person of the Godhead.
- A more substantial problem is the repeated use of ‘Creator’ for the first Person of the Godhead.
- Anyway, they had kindly been offered cool drinks to relieve the heat of the day and they wouldn't leave until, in desperation, I told them that the neighbor across the street had once asked me about the Godhead.
- Over the past generation, there has been a reorientation in focus away from speculation on the Trinitarian relations within the Godhead toward an attempt to understand the Trinity in the actual economy of salvation.
- On the one hand, we have some process theologians blurring the distinction between God and the universe, and treating the Godhead itself as part of the cosmic evolutionary process.
- The Arian denial of the Godhead of the Son (at the time of Nicaea) had carried with it the corollary that the Spirit too might be inferior to the Son, as the Son was to the Father.
- Indeed, each Person has the fullness of the Godhead.
- However, Saint Augustine realised that the essentially non-worldly nature of Godhead was not conveyed by these means.
- Actually, if we can attain the favor of the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Krishna, we do not need anything else.
- Therefore they do not see any need to become devotees of the Supreme Personality of Godhead.
- Romans 1 addresses his eternal power and Godhead (deity).
- In order to cheat the atheists, I describe the Supreme Personality of Godhead to be without form and without qualities.
- We are here to help God, to do his work, to remedy his whole errors, to strive towards Godhead ourselves.
- These analogies have the effect of establishing an analogy between the substance of Godhead and an individual human person, rather than between the hypostases and three human persons.
- This is simply technical, and had it not been so he would not have been s o accepted as the incarnation of Godhead.
- The Supreme Personality of Godhead is transcendental to the cosmic manifestation.
- Thus the desire to go back to Godhead and regulated activities performed to achieve that goal form the proper path of action.
- The inherent smallness of the atomic soul in contrast to Godhead makes the atomic soul prone to illusion, whereas Godhead is not.
- That there is only one of Him is not just a first approximation, it is also the last word on the subject, and it makes the concept of Godhead a notably tense one.
- Only in such a trance is the Supreme Personality of Godhead revealed.
- Pleased by the service of his devotee, the Supreme Personality of Godhead reveals his form and opulences.
- Our reasoning faculty is but a gracious gift of Godhead intended for divine purposes, and not those of our own design.
- The spirit soul, part and parcel of the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Sri Krishna is an eternal servant of Krishna.
- And I think one can see that haunting that idea of the single progenitor, the one form, is an approach still to the idea of Godhead.
- The Soul's annihilation leads to her reformation as that which she was before she was in the divine ground of a living and fruitful Godhead.
- For the Godhead of Christ was covered and hidden under the likeness of man.
- They were accused of the stubborn refusal to accept Christ's Godhead and His sacrifice.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.