In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- To that extent The Book Against God is not against God or the godly, although it offers no comfort to either.
- Let us conclude by saying there are godly methods of conducting controversy as well as ungodly methods.
- In light of the Word of God does it not follow to reason that true godly music that worships and exalts the Lord Jesus Christ will be rejected by the world?
- Instead, they directed the church to choose godly men who would be capable of resolving the issue.
- His faith in God was more than talk; it was expressed by godly living.
- It surely is not because we are more godly, holy and mature than our friend ever was.
- Then, when we come up against difficulties and controversies, we are ready with a wise and godly response.
- Whereas godly joy may be our strength, godly sorrow serves for our sanctification.
- Women have contributed an immense amount to church and mission, and PNG still needs godly women.
- To them he was an intriguing miracle worker who dazzled the masses with amazing demonstrations of godly power.
- Indeed, if God were to lift His Spirit from on-fire churches and godly believers, our nation would be a raging hell.
- Job, as a godly father, prayed for the spiritual well-being of his family.
- What was emphasised all round was the priority of preaching the gospel supported by godly living.
- Hindus do not bury their dead, except infant children and godly saints.
- Christ rose for each of us, that we might rise above our sin through forgiveness, and live godly lives.
- But so seldom do we hear of a godly woman - or of a godly man either, for that matter.
- What matters is the sacrifice of godly privilege for the lowliness of humanity, irrespective of gender.
- These misdirected desires oppose our godly identity and constantly threaten to overwhelm it.
- They have nothing to do with spiritual knowledge or godly religious life.
- It is incumbent on Christian families to ensure the godly, biblical education of their young people.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.