In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1golf masculineto play golf — jugar golf River Plate Latin America
- One of the scariest problems in golf is when the ball crazily turns to either the right or left.
- Again, the redesigned facility will produce an area that you will enjoy after a tiring game of golf.
- He was revealed to have gone off for a game of golf at a time when he should have been engaged in important government negotiations.
- Ladies' club golf may be in decline overall, but the professional game is booming.
- There are a lot of kids out there now in college golf and in high-school golf who hit the ball further than I do.
- It was my first game of golf in twenty-seven months and my eldest grandson Alan aged ten was my partner.
- In his younger years he played in Haworth Band and also played golf at Riddlesden Golf Club.
- Following the school visit, a friendly game of golf was played at the Eastern Star Golf Club.
- He loved above all the game of golf and he had many mates at the local club.
- As we tiptoed around those final two holes, the thought occurred that, truly, golf is a great game.
- He became captain of the cricket club and Maldon Golf Club and continued playing golf into his 70s.
- You'll be able to watch live premiership games, basketball, golf, cricket, and all sorts.
- The flagstick is an important part of the game of golf and is covered by Rule 17 in the Rules of Golf.
- He enjoys nothing more than going to school, playing golf and watching football games.
- Practice is a very important part of the game of golf - just as it's an important part of any game.
- A man was playing a game of golf, and on hole 16, he hit the ball right into a field of buttercups.
- Another choice is a game of golf at either of the two nearby 18-hole courses.
- Unlike a lot of other sports, golf is a game that can be enjoyed well into your senior years.
- Nothing is more important on a golf course than golf and there is no place for cellphones!
- Dean looks forward to the day when he can walk out on the course and play the game of golf.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.