In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(stick)palo de golf masculinea set of golf clubs — un juego de palos de golf
- Eleanor Fairchild yawned as she handed her golf club to the caddy boy.
- Nick did not touch a golf club until he was nearly 14.
- Jay Sylvan, age 18, is as thin as an exclamation point, and the golf club looks like a natural extension of his physique.
- This is due to the high velocity and size of the golf ball and golf club.
- However, most middle to late-aged men own every single golf club, ball, cart, and accessory known to mankind.
- ‘Anything that involves a golf club and hitting a ball, I'll pretty much play it anywhere,’ he said.
- Ernie Els swings the golf club very fast, but he looks smooth doing it.
- Try to match that sensation with a golf club in your hands.
- Everybody who ever saw him swing a golf club knew they'd seen something to remember.
- Two elements define a golf club - material and geometry.
- That said, I think there are going to be changes in the way we teach the golf swing - and perhaps even in the way we swing the golf club.
- I recommend the use of a weighted golf club - swinging it slowly, of course - before practice sessions.
- It will be another 21 years before she will swing a golf club for the first time.
- That promotes a swing that's more outside to in and gives you a better chance to avoid getting the golf club inside and behind the body.
- The son of a rice farmer from the island of Wando, just off coast of South Korea, K. J. Choi has come a long way since he first picked up a golf club at 16.
- Greg isn't a lumberjack, but he sure swung a golf club like one.
- When you change channels it makes a sound like a golf club hitting a ball.
- The truth is, gripping a golf club too tightly inhibits the correct movements of the club and the body.
- That's because you are now in the sports and fitness retail business and even non-clients may want to buy a golf club, tennis racquet or bowling ball.
- Unfortunately, Tim Putnam, Jonas Conlan and I were in Mike's group, so we not only saw how not to swing a golf club but also saw areas of the course that others didn't.
2(place)club de golf masculine
- The next presentation of prizes at the golf club is scheduled for Sunday December 17 at 5.30 pm.
- The cottage is close to a number of schools, Milltown golf club and shopping centres in Dundrum and Rathfarnham.
- In days gone by it was not unusual to see people intent on playing golf walking from town to the golf club.
- Then the two of them would go to the golf club for the free buffet, ‘while our memberships are still good.’
- Local amenities include the City West Hotel and Health Club as well as the golf club and shopping facilities.
- The first ever Newbridge Chamber of Commerce golf classic tees off at the Curragh golf club on July 15.
- They would abruptly drop everything and head for the golf club.
- It is close to Ennis golf club and the agricultural showgrounds.
- For the second day running more than 25,000 people lined the fairways at the Adare Manor Hotel and resort golf club.
- Forget about those old cream or green coloured golf carts at your local golf club, the only way to get from tee to green is in your very own Hummer Cart.
- Members of the Male Voice Choir and friends have organised a function in the golf club on April 25.
- Lunch can be taken informally at the golf club (barbecue in summer) or as a traditional buffet in the Castle.
- The oldest daybook I have dates back to 1963 when I used it to keep track of the money I made caddying at a local golf club.
- It will again include a sell-out literary lunch at the resort's golf club.
- It is close to a number of amenities including the Westwood fitness club, Carrickmines tennis club and Leopardstown golf club and racecourse.
- Coleman interrupted to ask what the architect's plans for that evening were, to which the puzzled employee answered that after returning to Bearsden for dinner he would go out to the golf club or pub.
- Amenities in the area include a marina, beaches, gymnasium, golf clubs and pubs and restaurants.
- Debbie is due to perform her eclectic mix of pop, country and sixties covers at the golf club this Saturday.
- Anyone with a problem getting to the golf club is asked to get in touch with any member of the social services committee and they will be looked after.
- After playing a round of golf we settled into the bar at the golf club.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.