In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- This is something they mentioned they were gonna do after I'd found myself a place of my own.
- We were gonna go off to church again tonight, but there was no-one to look after Boo.
- I'm gonna drag you home tonight and we're going to explore this concept of evolution.
- She's made Simon realise he wants her and she's gonna leave him dangling for a bit.
- It got to the point where I decided that I'm gonna stay here until I darn well make it.
- I can assure him that if a dog's gotta go then it's gonna go - regardless of where it is.
- I know he's gonna come and try to take me out in the first round, but I'm just not gonna allow it.
- A whole five days off work and three of them are gonna be spent looking after old people.
- These people deserve to be on a team that is gonna compete for the championship and have a chance to win races.
- I really felt like both of us were gonna be excited for the other one if we won and that meant a lot.
- He told me about the new place he was gonna work for and to be honest, it sounds ok, but nothing special.
- Mind you, they are gonna have to raise the stakes for the next series, so you never know.
- He's gonna get lonely real quick and end up with a lot of females who prefer to just be friends.
- I'm gonna take a liberty and speak for Edward and Barry and say that we love what we're doing.
- I'm not gonna review it as there are hundreds of great reviews on the web and I agree with them all.
- Oh what a post that is gonna be, it's been festering for a while let me tell you!
- It's gonna have to be a kennel in the back garden, which isn't a very good solution.
- It's gonna be tough to stay focussed on plumbing and tiling which is my true destiny this week.
- The game's gonna be the night before the carnival, and I expect you all to be here.
- You're gonna be famous, but only if you jump over everybody and scratch their eyes out.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.