In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(as permanent characteristic)buenode natural bondadosohe was remarkably good-natured about it — se lo tomó muy bien
- Amiable, good-natured and good fun, this is a highly promising feature debut from Simon Pegg.
- Oddly, it isn't included on this debut album though its good-natured whimsy would have chimed well with these songs.
- Adrian was a good-natured and handsome man with a joyful attitude when he was married to Julie.
- What struck me, though was how good-natured the whole march was at the weekend.
- She was a good-natured, kind and pleasant person and a most helpful neighbour who will be missed by all who knew her.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.