In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1buenos modales masculine
- Good manners are of vital importance in the desert.
- Along with good manners, it pretty much expired politically in Canada this week.
- Whenever she was around Erik, good manners were lost to her.
- Having good manners yourself doesn't give you a licence to correct everyone else.
- I believed, erroneously, that an appeal to good manners would win the day.
- Peter, for all his good manners, seems particularly dull.
- Harriet, in her late 60s, flaunted only good manners.
- He once declared that his chief aim was to improve good manners throughout the school.
- I want to use this occasion to praise you all for the good manners you showed in front of my protégés.
- Jacqui stressed that most good manners make good sense.
- You've instructed them on good manners at home.
- He was a rather sweet child with remarkably good manners.
- First, there is the question of good manners.
- Yet in my opinion, little attention is paid by elementary education or parents to the forming of good manners.
- He was placid and easy-going, with good manners.
- Good manners were an essential part of our upbringing.
- Good manners go a long way in any culture.
- He's very civilized and has very good manners.
- The pursuit of excellence should not be confused with good manners.
- Good manners always prevent anyone from hearing them.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.