In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1buenas obras feminine
- According to Ellie, Hunter Crayton would always be scum despite any good works he might accomplish.
- The letter she wrote to introduce the report fairly gushes with enthusiasm for doing good works.
- A further $125m was placed with the Carnegie Corporation to carry on his good works.
- Involved in all good works and committees, John was an excellent husband and father.
- She was a leader because she had her followers in charity and good works, not because she moulded them into a political or military power.
- The intention is to channel funds into deprived areas and good works such as paying for less well-off students to have gap years.
- Ella was a very special person, whose good works and kindness knew no bounds.
- Unfortunately, his eagerness for good works was rarely shared by others.
- Henceforth virtue and good works would be their own rewards.
- In due course these good works earned him a knighthood.
- The children also put together a book of the charity's good works, as well as creating a global blanket containing flags from across the world.
- Along with all these good works, WI branches sometimes decide that activism is called for.
- Surely we should be known for our good works in the world?
- The awards honour girls whose lives are a testament to the bravery and good works of Britain's teenagers.
- We will, in the coming months, find ways public and private to celebrate the great work and good works that Danny did.
- All his good works will be remembered and the greatest tribute we can pay to him is that he was a real guard and knew how to carry himself like a gentleman.
- The key is to find your own way to make a living doing good works and show others it is possible.
- They seem to be desperately trying to convince the general public that they are simply nice people who give money to charity and do good works in the community.
- Perhaps they were lobbying the relevant minister for more public monies to fund their good works.
- The Rev John Brown was a major influence on the Chancellor, a social Christian remembered for his good works among the people of Kirkcaldy.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.