In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1googlear informalI googled more than fifty universities to find the course I wanted — googleé más de cincuenta universidades para encontrar el curso que quería
- You were the crush I've never forgotten and since the Internet has arrived, I've even googled your name Tim, but where would I begin.
- Chris at Crooked Timber has googled the author of this piece and comes up with some revealing links.
- Just in case the link doesn't work, try googling Michael Briere or Holly Jones to get the story.
- ‘The person I finally chose, Ali, I googled him a lot: I found that he once had a speeding ticket in Connecticut,’ Isabelle smiled.
- But I was intrigued by Dan's comment, so I googled him, as you do, and had a look at some of the things he's written.
- An old college boyfriend sent me an email yesterday after googling and finding my weblog.
- You've probably also heard me talk about how much I wanted to find him - how long I've been searching, googling him all the time and never finding anything.
- So someone googled him and came up with his casting details.
- James is one of the bosses at a certain media institution; you can google him.
- Last night I googled me again and in no time at all was presented with 2270 results, I smiled quietly to myself.
- I googled her recently, but the search turned up nothing.
- Three or so years ago I googled him, and there it was on the internet.
- So this morning I googled him and found Old Friends.
- For some additional fun, try googling other people you know - friends, relatives, or maybe that cute guy/girl who sits across from you in class.
- After writing this I googled him, and he turns out to have been the director of the Edinburgh Film Festival, which I'm waiting to hear from.
- And this is the kind of thing I don't need coming up under my full name when I'm googled.
- However, after googling the guy, he seems to be an expert on handwriting not on typewritten documents.
- I googled the author to see what became of him, and to my delight the entire book is up on the web.
- His name is DJ Reeve, but I googled him and all I get are scientists and some Swiss kid, so, that's not him.
- You know, if you're just googling your favorite celebrity, blogs tend to rank very high on that search engine.
1to google for sth — googlear para algo
- he's googling for information on the solar eclipse — está googleando para obtener información sobre el eclipse solar
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.