In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
(in New Testament)evangelio masculinothe four Gospels — los cuatro evangelios
- the Gospel according to St Mark — el evangelio según San Marcos
- Now that to me is much more divine than the birth of Jesus which is not even mentioned in two of the four Gospels!
- The books of the Old Testament and the Gospels provide ample response.
- Second, there is no warning in the Gospels or in the Epistles of the New Testament about an unpardonable sin.
- It is the only time in the Gospels where Christ's divinity is revealed to the apostles.
- Mark tells us at the beginning of his Gospel that it is about Jesus Christ, the Son of God.
- The focus of all four Gospels is Jesus' journey to Jerusalem.
- In New Testament terms, it is as if the Epistles were preserved, without any of the four Gospels or Acts of the Apostles.
- The Gospels of Luke and Mark draw attention to something important in relation to giving.
- Of the four Gospels, the movie apparently draws mostly from the Book of John.
- The therapeutic strategy is the most noticeable feature in the healing stories of the Gospels.
- The New Testament begins with the four Gospels - Matthew, Mark, Luke and John.
- The four Gospels do not agree on the names of those who came to the tomb or the number of them.
- But by analysing the changes made in the gospels of Matthew and Luke, we can see what Jesus did not say.
- In the Gospels, Christ rises only after fully testing the devastating power of death.
- View him as we see him in the gospels and in the book of Revelation.
- The Gospels record Jesus speaking of Scripture as being completed and one unit.
- The Gospel of John reveals this divine aspect of Christ's ministry - His deity.
- I got out the Bible and turned to the third chapter of the Gospel of John and we reread it.
- Yet, if one studies the four Gospels and the Book of Acts, he immediately realizes that this type of church is biblical.
- Other circumstances reported in the Gospels fit this scenario hauntingly well.
- Brother Hugh McKinney read the first scripture reading and the gospel was read by Canon Mark Diamond.
- How to understand the gospel in the Nepalese church is its greatest problem.
- I describe it because it has something to do with our gospel reading from the sixth chapter of John.
- In our gospel reading Jesus lives out the meaning of those words in three ways.
- We get a hint of what that detachment might mean when we turn to the gospel reading, for Jesus, too, insists that the reign of God is at hand.
- When he was a student in Maynooth he sang for Pope John Paul II on his visit to The Phoenix Park, as well as reading the gospel.
- We know the characters in the tense drama that is the gospel reading for today.
- Someone else read the gospel, then I walked in from the back of the church.
- The gospel reading also reflects God's attention to the vulnerable.
- Before his job of reading the gospel, Father Paul had to ask in Latin for the Pope to give him a blessing.
- In our gospel reading today, Jesus makes an incredible offer to his listeners.
- Our gospel reading, which culminates in Jesus' days in the desert, opens with Jesus' baptism by John.
- After that sweeping overview, the gospel reading homes in on the harrowing story of the Passion.
- Ex-parish priest Cannon Francis Lynn read the gospel while Skreen native Fr. Brian Conlon delivered a beautiful homily.
- Should they read the liturgical gospel, prepare the bread and wine at the altar, say the dismissal, and so on?
- This all culminates in the gospel reading, the story of Jesus calling Nathaniel and Philip.
- The preparation of a sermon begins with the selection of a passage of Scripture from the gospel, epistle, or Old Testament readings for the day.
- A woman read the gospel with a helper at her side to pronounce the difficult words.
- They say, many young people will not listen to the gospel or come to church so we must meet them on some common ground.
- The gospel reading for the ‘Second Sunday in Ordinary Time’ is the wedding at Cana.
2.1(Christian teaching)Evangelio masculino(minister/temple) evangelistato preach/spread the gospel — predicar/difundir el Evangelio
- The process ends with faith in the gospel of Jesus Christ, spiritual rebirth and the indwelling of the Holy Spirit.
- The gospel of God's love has come to us not simply as a written message or an oral announcement, but first of all as a person, a living word.
- ‘Evangelical’ comes from the word evangelia, which means the gospel of Jesus Christ.
- Mere religion is man trying to jump up to God; the gospel is God sending Christ down to pay the price for man's sins.
- Paul made cultural norms subservient to the absolute truth which is centred on the gospel of Jesus Christ.
- It cost them their lives, but the impact of their lives for the sake of Christ and the gospel was enormous.
- When we do this we can use dinosaurs, fossils and DNA as tools to share the gospel of Christ.
- Why does the scripture condemn anyone who rejects Jesus Christ and the gospel of Christ?
- The gospel of Jesus Christ is not for sale, even among the poorest of us who have no money.
- Yet it is not possible to restrict the bonds of affection denominationally without denying the gospel of Christ.
- Only the gospel of Jesus Christ can bring both temporal reconciliation and the hope of an eternal and heavenly inheritance to the Israeli and the Palestinian.
- That is the political theology entailed by the gospel of Jesus Christ.
- On this night, everything will be tied together, and the gospel of Jesus Christ clearly and forcefully proclaimed.
- Antique pieties cannot be restored, for we moderns know that the hungers they excite can be sated only by the gospel of Christ and him crucified.
- I cannot encourage the Sojourners staff enough to continue presenting the true gospel of Jesus Christ.
- ‘The promotion of the ideals of the gospel of Jesus Christ continues to be the urgent and vital call of all Christian people,’ he said.
- It is indeed the power of the gospel of Jesus Christ to break down the walls between us.
- When witnessing the gospel of Jesus Christ to someone where, if anywhere, do you feel that the creation message becomes relevant?
- The conscience always is pricked to some degree in the presence of the pure expression of the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ.
- As Paul preached the gospel of Jesus Christ, the words sank into Lydia's mind and heart.
2.2(doctrine)doctrina femeninoevangelio masculino
- Above all, western economists were in evangelical mode, spreading the gospel of the market, and expecting their truths to prevail because they were correct.
- I don't believe there's any such thing as prosperity gospel.
- Today, the enterprise of spreading the gospel of free markets is predicated on the iron fist of overwhelming American military power.
- For the neoliberal gospel of free markets is something to be imposed on others.
- The gospel according to Margaret Thatcher and liberal economics have contributed much to this change of attitudes.
- The Marxist Big Idea was a rigid gospel of economic rules, a one-solution-fits-all kitbag which every communist state used in very similar ways.
- Professor Samuelson provides us with exact information about the susceptibility of economists to the Keynesian gospel of 1936.
2.3also gospel truthinformalhe takes everything she says as gospel (truth) — para él, todo lo que dice ella es santa palabra
- it's gospel (truth) — es la pura verdad
3also gospel musicMúsicagospel masculino
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.