In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1I gotta go — me tengo que ir
- Sometimes you hear it a lot; sometimes you gotta hear from a certain person.
- Some are really low, like, it must be a trick, and some are really high, like, you gotta be kidding, man.
- You gotta be weaponed to live and to survive in the Detroit underground.
- I promise, updates and funny quotes and such soon, just gotta get the school writing out of the way first.
- Until then I gotta keep productive and continuing praying for our relocation to the NE.
- I gotta go to City Hall, but City Hall doesn't have it, the bank doesn't have it, nobody has it.
- You gotta love a mix that includes confections from Kevin Yost, Miguel Migs and Sandy Rivera.
- So July was a bit too relaxed on this blog, I gotta try to update a little more often!
- I gotta confess that I was a little scared that I wasn't going to like Megadef as much as I wanted to.
- You gotta love a band who makes the too-cool-for-school indie kids jump up and down.
- Yeah, it's true mate, you gotta be really careful of not only what you say but how you say it.
- You gotta love DC, where you always have to worry your best friend is wearing a wire.
- Anyhow, I gotta go do my thing and get outta here… educating young minds today you know!
- We buy yours too, just that sometimes you gotta get away from the locals.
- Seriously, you gotta love the bogans who plan to celebrate their lottery win with a meal of champagne and pizza.
- We gotta steal from each other so we can survive and feed our children.
- It's not the same voice by any means, but you gotta wonder how they both made it with those rusty pipes.
- So yea I gotta give everyone who helped out or offered to help madd love.
- It's not really important for me to date anyone in my religion, but I gotta marry a Jew.
have got to
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.