In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1gourmetgastrónomo masculinegastrónoma feminine
- Those who like to savour exotic dishes from around the globe have never had it so good, what with increasing numbers of speciality restaurants opening their doors to discerning gourmets.
- The dishes satiate the gourmets, who are conscious of their calories, but want to enjoy good food.
- From September 1 to October 31, a German Food Festival offers gourmets the opportunity to enjoy typical German cuisine in a festive atmosphere reminiscent of the region.
- Two gourmets were discussing the many ways of cooking aubergines.
- Now gourmets can treat their palates to real Turkish food.
- The lip-smacking aroma of the moist kebabs spreads through the restaurant, ‘Aromas,’ enticing the gourmets.
- And, in the sincere belief that artists know how to eat well, I was off again in search of grub that would make gourmets weep with joy.
- The French, supposedly a nation of gourmets, also had good things to say about Scottish food, showing a liking for dishes such as haggis.
- International gourmets, nutritionists and local media are invited to judge the barbecues.
- Another food and drink festival is now over, but gourmets and gourmands alike will already be looking forward to whetting their palates at next year's.
- But the days when Italian gourmets thought Scarborough had nothing to offer but fish and chips - and that English tastes ran to little more than pork pies, steak and kidney pud, and baked beans - are over.
- The food is fine but will not satisfy the gourmets.
- So gourmets, keep your belly free to fill up with different tastes of India and abroad, during this weekend.
- The three-day food fiesta provided the gourmets the opportunity to savour cuisines from various corners of the country and abroad.
- The redoubtable chefs have prepared an expansive range of vegetarian and non-vegetarian dishes to satisfy the true gourmets.
- As gourmets of the world acknowledge, Chinese food vies with that of France for world supremacy.
- They were rewarded in style for dreaming up and creating delectable ice cream and confectionery and whetting the appetites of ultra-discerning gourmets from across the globe.
- It is happening at the best of restaurants in town, a fusion of the cuisine of the West and East to delight the adventurous gourmets.
- When a traveling newspaper editor teams up with a gourmet cook and restaurant writer, they seek out getaways for gourmets.
- Hotels in the city are busy wooing gourmets with food.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.