In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Several recent studies have suggested that dairy consumption may help control weight and blood pressure and reduce the risks of health problems such as coronary artery disease and gout.
- Many readers have reported that sour cherries can ease the pain associated with gout and even arthritis.
- It may clog the kidney and prevent the excretion of waste such as uric acid, causing gout.
- An acute attack of gout may take up to seven days to settle.
- There are health benefits to sour cherries, which include relieving many types of pain such as arthritis, gout, and even headaches.
- The physician also should ask if the patient has a history of gout, pseudogout, rheumatoid arthritis, or other degenerative joint disease.
- He has a history of arthritis, gout, and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.
- Metabolic disorders such as gout increase the level of waste products in the urine and have a similar affect in causing bladder stones to grow.
- Doctors have found that excessive weight also increases the risks for diabetes, gout, coronary heart disease, asthma, gallbladder disease, infertility and some types of cancers.
- He is said to have extracted medicine from plants and treated diseases such as appendicitis, gout and arthritis.
- Their common affliction was gout, an arthritic condition that causes spells of intense pain, most often in the big toe.
- Patients with acute coronary syndromes or undergoing coronary stenting often have multiple risk factors for acute gout or pseuodogout.
- Recent studies have revealed that cherries offer an assortment of health benefits including the ability to offer natural relief from joint pain caused from gout, arthritis and joint inflammation.
- The juice of the nettle is good, she says, for a variety of ailments - arthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, gout, allergic rashes and prickly heat.
- In rare cases, higher dosages may cause hepatitis, gout, or hyperglycemia.
- The goal is to prevent recurrent attack of acute gout.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.