In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1de dotación estatal US(bonds/stock) del Estado(stock/bonds) del Tesoro
- The government issue x-ray/night vision binoculars worked great but weren't exactly proving to be all that useful in his search.
- This was the first standard government issue firearm and the beginning of the long tradition of US military small arms manufacture.
- Everything she possessed right now was government issue.
- As an additional footnote, in 1956 U.S. military policy dictated the coloring of government issue holsters be changed from natural tan to black.
- The building was not standard government issue.
- The relationship reaches its nadir when Francis, afraid that she is about to be shipped off to military school, shoots her father with his government issue sidearm.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.