In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Alex also has a degree from St Mary's University College and is now studying for his post grad in sports bioathletics.
- For some reason, squeaky-clean Ivy League grads don't always make great case officers.
- In focus groups, most college grads said they give no thought to federal employment when considering career paths.
- Female college grads are more likely to put their money in investment products than those who graduated from high school.
- High-tech companies have increased their number and a lot of new college grads are seeking to join their ranks.
- But more business doctoral grads are entering private industry rather than academia.
- I often lecture to young people, college grads, usually on military topics.
- The players themselves, the recent college grads and drop-outs, have no idea and no influence over where they will land their first jobs.
- The mean earnings of young women college grads are now nearly equal to those of men.
- With two students to a room, the 50 grads will have more room for their research than they did in their previous cramped offices across campus.
- Next year, Isabel, along with her fellow grads, plans to start her career as a teacher at Nuiyak School.
- Besides, women are now university grads and hold top executive positions and can afford to provide their needs and wants.
- Most trips are geared toward high-schoolers, but others cater to college students or recent grads.
- Many of the older teammates, some of which are Ivy League students or grads, act as her pseudo teacher
- Has the company recruited heavily on your college campus for grads with your specific experience?
- It's a different atmosphere with the undergrads gone, and my fellow grads slipping one by one onto flights home.
- Many new college grads are uncertain about what careers to pursue.
- Many recent college grads fear that what they've learned won't be enough for the people with hiring power.
- College grads spend well above average on alcohol, entertainment, personal care and food away from home.
- They graduate and split, leaving us with among the lowest rates of university grads aged 25 to 34.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.