In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(in US)masculine jurado de acusación
- After he turned down the plea bargain, a grand jury indicted Webb on fourth degree criminal contempt.
- Four grand juries examined the case without returning an indictment.
- There was talk of empaneling a grand jury to go over some of that evidence.
- He was indicted by a federal grand jury on illegal gun possession charges.
- A federal judge officially convenes both types of grand juries, though a prosecutor (someone from a U.S. Attorney's office) actually conducts the proceedings.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.