- Each granular layer beneath the asphalt concrete surface should be carefully compacted by power driven equipment until the rear tires of a fully loaded dump truck do not sink at all into the surface.
- The pavements comprised thick asphalt surface layers over unbound granular material.
- White's hands were pressed against some loose, granular surface.
- In some trials, a layer of non-woven geotextile material was laid over the snow before adding a final layer of granular material to form the rolling surface; the intent was to facilitate debris removal.
- In the more densely populated areas, roads normally consist of dual carriageway granular pavements with asphalt surfaces.
- Many watercolour papers have granular surfaces which help provide variations of light and half-light.
- Sold by the roll, these products are made of layered neoprene rubber, often with a granular surface bonded to the top side.
- The product which is very suitable for elderly people and children is a special floor covering made up of a fine surface texture with a non slip plastic granular coating.
- In mucosal edema the surface has a granular appearance or appears to be ‘dry’ so that it does not glisten.
- Intraoral squamous cell carcinoma may present with a similar tongue lesion, though it typically has a rough, granular surface.
- He painted a bright red circle onto the granular surface of the sandpaper.
- I read that Aspergillus have rough or granular surfaces like this picture.
- Is it the sound of the dancer's shoe against a gritty surface or the granular irritation in the field of vision that Miro placed time and again as an affront to bourgeois sensibility?
- Then he characterized the paper support as a granular surface of impenetrable dark green.
- The spines have a granular surface, do not show growth lines, and were probably solid.
- Unabashedly physical, the surfaces of his canvases luxuriate in a granular abundance of color.
2(consisting of granules)(consistency) granular
- In its pure form, calcium oxide occurs as white crystals, white or gray lumps, or a white granular powder.
- Field observations of brittly deformed granular rock have shown that the extent and magnitude of fault-related damage zone strain is influenced by the distribution of fault slip.
- Crystals to 3 cm are reported, although most cubanite occurs in isolated grains, granular masses, or thin lamellae in chalcopyrite.
- If it is a powdery, granular material, it will be removed with the vacuum.
- Because of the fragmentation of nuclei and the disruption of cellular membranes, coarse granular particles are formed.
- Tillage helps to break down the compact structure of the soil, providing granular soil particles more favorable to root development and planting slit closure.
- Activated charcoal filters are available in several forms: granular; powdered; powdered coated paper; and pressed charcoal block.
- In the MI pictures of the targets on Uchben, for example, the scientists have found some intriguing granular, sand-size particles.
- The granular particles in such products are designed to do the work for you.
- In the dry state, granular soil particles can be easily separated and identified.
- The settlements above and lateral to the tunnels in plastic clays of soft to medium consistency are relatively larger than in stiffer, more brittle cohesive granular soils.
- Snowflakes comprise the familiar loose aggregates of ice crystals which often adopt a hexagonal and branched form; there are also snow and ice pellets, snow grains, granular snow, and ice prisms.
- The researchers think this lessening of friction may occur among the grains in granular flows, such as snow cascading down a mountainside.
- Its flesh is crisp and slightly granular, with a strong aroma and a sharp but agreeable flavour.
- Soylife is the only soy product on the U.S. market that offers the complete nutritional profile of soy germ in three powder forms: granular, flour or extra fine flour.
- That question puzzles physicists studying the collective motion of small particles - such as sand - because granular materials can act in ways similar to all three states of matter.
- Activated charcoal filters used for home water treatment contain either granular activated charcoal or powdered block charcoal.
- Alumina is a fine white granular powder, which is exported to aluminium smelters for processing into aluminium metal.
- The ideal structure of topsoil is granular, crumb-size groupings of soil particles and plenty of pore spaces.
- This in turn seems to encourage producers to use better-quality coffee beans so that the finished product gains a double aroma and flavour advantage over the powder and granular style.