In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- If you won't remember to feed them regularly, also add some granules of slow - release fertiliser.
- He pulled the red pouch from his belt and passed it to me, and I chose a wide silver ring, edged with granules of silver bead, as her gift.
- The newly-operated factory will produce plastic granules which can be molded into rulers, cups and even construction materials.
- Starch granules of several size classes are found in the endosperm of cereals such as wheat.
- Add moisture retaining granules and slow release fertiliser to the compost and gradually harden the plants off before putting them outside completely at the end of the month.
- I've undertaken the task of making a mug of coffee twice today and on both occasions the act of removing the tight pull off lid has resulted in a shower of excess coffee granules all over me and the floor.
- We cannot get over how lovely it is but the one thing we miss about home is the people of the Lancaster area not to mention unsmoked bacon, stuffing and gravy granules.
- Emma shrugged her shoulders and spooned coffee granules into two mugs.
- There was a cereal bowl full of instant coffee granules.
- Depth hoar looks like granules of sugar: It's multifaceted, it glitters, it doesn't make good snowballs.
- Microscopic granules of 18-carat gold and silk powder give it a translucent glow.
- Products vary from gases to liquids and granules.
- Stir a tablespoon of boiling water into the coffee granules then mix it into the butter-cream.
- An exception is tartrate crystal deposits that look like granules of white sugar but are tasteless and can easily be removed.
- Maybe the sugar in my coffee is being mixed with other white granules that are rather more sinister.
- This morning when I was getting my breakfast I put cereal in my coffee mug and coffee granules in my cereal bowl.
- Some coffee drinkers may consider that processing the coffee to make it into instant granules destroys much of the taste which can be obtained from raw beans.
- The diameters of the starch granules of each gradient were determined using an eyepiece micrometer calibrated with a stage micrometer.
- To speed up the beauty part of the process, invest in a body exfoliator or pour a dessertspoon of olive oil over a handful of sea salt granules and apply to the skin, daily.
- Here starch granules of a uniform size are mixed with encapsulated ink particles of a slightly smaller size.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.