In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(fruit)uva femininea bunch of grapes — un racimo de uvas
- it's sour grapes — las uvas están verdes
- before noun grape juice — mosto
- the grape harvest — la vendimia
- Today their cultivated land is up to 50 acres and includes Cabernet Sauvignon and Chardonnay grapes.
- A blanc de blancs is a sparkling wine made exclusively from Chardonnay grapes.
- The Gamay grapes used in the wines have a distinctive taste unique among red wine.
- Invest in a set of small plastic boxes for chopped fresh fruit, strawberries, grapes or cherries.
- Summer pruning may be carried out to ensure a smaller harvest of riper grapes.
- Selina's eyebrow rose as she popped a green grape into her mouth.
- Most were produced from Shiraz or Cabernet Sauvignon grapes - or a combination of both.
- Yet the wily Pinot Noir grape is best suited to cooler, less sunny climes.
- Frozen seedless grapes add a festive touch and help keep drinks cold.
- They continue to sell Chardonnay grapes to other vineyards.
- We set out one sunny morning on horseback through the Sauvignon Blanc and Cabernet Sauvignon grapes.
- One of the original methods of producing rosé was to mix white grapes with black at the fermentation stage.
- They taste the best because the Cabernet grapes ripen late in the season - in September or even October.
- Of the grapes grown world-wide, table grapes represent the third most frequent use, following wine and dried grapes.
- Both are made from white or black grapes, or from a mixture of the two.
- The process for making grappa from white grapes and red grapes varies significantly.
- Recently this company has experimented with more suitable wine grape varieties for both red and white table wines.
- Concord grape juice has the highest total antioxidant level of any fruit, vegetable or juice tested.
- But after the vines bloom, he notes, table grape growers would have to switch to insecticides.
- The crisper drawer contains two apples, a bag of black seedless grapes, and a bulb of garlic.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.