In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1gráfico masculinegráfica feminineto plot a graph of the function y=x2 — trazar la curva de la función y=x2
- And just last fortnight the country's leading economic newspaper produced a page full of pie charts and graphs devoted to tracking bumps and dips in consumer viewing.
- I think it's very useful to have simple pie charts and graphs telling a colour-coded story.
- The graph above shows the ‘survival curves’, which shows how long patients survived in each group.
- Error bars in the graphs reflect the standard deviation of 10 repeated runs.
- In general the text is slowed by frequent resort to lists of statistics that would be conveyed more effectively in a simple graph or diagram.
- Bar charts, bar graphs, pie charts, or other charts and graphs are one of the most common methods of displaying information of various kinds.
- The inset graph shows the initial rate of water loss from these samples.
- However, the manually plotted graphs were time consuming and susceptible to drafting errors.
- You can chart variables on a graph and look at speed, power (a calculated estimate), temperature and altitude.
- I can download data on to my PC for an intensive analysis, complete with color-coded graphs and bar charts.
- Their eyes teeming with concentration searched the graphs and numbers on the screen intently as the information changed second by second.
- In fact, all the real values are already in the graph along the x axis also called the real axis.
- Indeed, an accompanying bar graph illustrated what many of us have suspected all along.
- These personnel also undertook much of the preparation of the visual evidential aids such as isographs, histograms, graphs, bar charts, photographs, tables, as built programmes and overlays.
- I've seen the pie charts and graphs so there's no arguing with their facts and findings.
- No amount of surveys, graphs and pie charts will ever make me understand why this occurs.
- It is easier to see what is happening if we plot the ratios on a graph.
- The data may be visual, ie., images, charts, graphs, or diagrams or a written description.
- He notes that the pair provide graphs but no statistical analysis of their data.
- The tool should also be able to generate a report easily through graphs and diagrams of the data and their relationships.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.