In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(vivid)(account/description) muy gráfico(account/description) vívidoin graphic detail — con todo lujo de detalles
2Artgráficographic artist — artista gráfica feminine
- the graphic arts — las artes gráficas
- graphic designer — diseñador gráfico
3.1(in writing, notation)(symbol/device) gráfico
- It has the advantage over grouped frequency distribution of retaining the actual data while showing them in graphic form.
- The plot option generates the frequency distribution in graphic form (histogram, box, and normal probability plots), and the normal option generates statistics to test the normality of the distribution.
- This report includes a graphic analysis with the patient's results plotted against normal values so that the examiner can quickly see how a patient compares.
- Mean zero noise is associated with underestimation of distribution volumes when data are analyzed with graphic analysis.
- On a typical chart, the price of an instrument is notated (on the y-axis) against time (on the x-axis) in graphic form.
3.2(on a graph)(representation) gráficoin graphic form — gráficamente
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.