In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- It also confirms changes from tillage crop area to grassland or vice versa.
- In early spring, the grasslands are often covered with the shiny yellow heads of goldfields.
- Optimal habitat consists of open medium to tall grasslands fringed with an ecotone of woody vegetation.
- Many of the remaining grasslands are located in areas with high natural amenities.
- The track eventually emerges from the tree cover to open grassland.
- The open grassland around Stonehenge in southern England used to be a favorite haunt of the bird.
- As much or more management is required for grasslands than for cropland, he said.
- An area of grassland near Lower Pen Pond was designated a protected zone to encourage the skylarks to breed undisturbed.
- The majority of the land was covered in improved grassland and tillage.
- The wide stretches of bamboo and grassland cover the entire northern region.
- Agricultural lands, rainforests and other wooded areas, grasslands, and sources of fresh water are all at risk.
- This is an area of open grasslands grazed year round by large concentrations of several ungulate species.
- Other weed species found include bracken, which is now associated with acidic grassland rather than arable fields.
- Denser, shrubby ecosystems are also encroaching on grasslands in many areas.
- Soon the landscape alters from timbered hillside to open grassland and wildflowers.
- We were to observe every living organism in our little area of grassland and listen for as many different sounds as we could.
- Nearby grasslands provide an open area where the young can forage for insects.
- They might move from a summer grassland to an area of streams and lakes when the grasslands get too dry.
- Roads will be removed or tunnelled and ploughed fields returned to open grassland.
- However, the plains zebras are the most common and live on the open grasslands and along the edges of deserts in Africa.
2Farmingpastos masculinepastizales masculine
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.