In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Many of the remaining grasslands are located in areas with high natural amenities.
- Agricultural lands, rainforests and other wooded areas, grasslands, and sources of fresh water are all at risk.
- As much or more management is required for grasslands than for cropland, he said.
- The open grassland around Stonehenge in southern England used to be a favorite haunt of the bird.
- Other weed species found include bracken, which is now associated with acidic grassland rather than arable fields.
- The wide stretches of bamboo and grassland cover the entire northern region.
- An area of grassland near Lower Pen Pond was designated a protected zone to encourage the skylarks to breed undisturbed.
- In early spring, the grasslands are often covered with the shiny yellow heads of goldfields.
- They might move from a summer grassland to an area of streams and lakes when the grasslands get too dry.
- Roads will be removed or tunnelled and ploughed fields returned to open grassland.
- Nearby grasslands provide an open area where the young can forage for insects.
- Denser, shrubby ecosystems are also encroaching on grasslands in many areas.
- We were to observe every living organism in our little area of grassland and listen for as many different sounds as we could.
- Soon the landscape alters from timbered hillside to open grassland and wildflowers.
- The track eventually emerges from the tree cover to open grassland.
- This is an area of open grasslands grazed year round by large concentrations of several ungulate species.
- The majority of the land was covered in improved grassland and tillage.
- However, the plains zebras are the most common and live on the open grasslands and along the edges of deserts in Africa.
- Optimal habitat consists of open medium to tall grasslands fringed with an ecotone of woody vegetation.
- It also confirms changes from tillage crop area to grassland or vice versa.
2Farmingpastos masculinepastizales masculine
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.