In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1pistola de engrase feminine
- The next day the plaintiff and his brother were with the equipment outside the garage in the sunlight while the defendant went to borrow a grease gun.
- I found him, as suspected, underneath the tractor, a grease gun in hand.
- When grease gun pressure increases against the seal, the bearing is full.
- In one case, we were spending a lot replacing tools that had been carelessly lost or damaged - grease guns left on wheels and other standard stuff.
- I built this holder for the grease gun and one extra tube with a tip holster on the side.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.