In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(spice)pimienta verde feminine
- Carrots, kale, and spinach are the main suppliers of beta carotene, while vitamin C is found in citrus fruits and juices, green peppers, broccoli, and potatoes.
- Vitamin C is present in fresh, uncooked fruits and vegetables, especially citrus fruits and red and green peppers.
- Add the green pepper and mushrooms and cook until the vegetables are soft.
- While steaming the rice, sauté some garlic, onions and green peppers in a teaspoon of olive oil for five minutes.
- The dish included a good range of crunchy vegetables - broccoli, green peppers, bamboo shoots, water chestnuts, cashew nuts and onion among them.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.