In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1duendecillo masculinediablillo masculine(the) gremlins have been at the engine again — este motor está endemoniado
- In 2002 he retired due to mechanical gremlins, but in 2003 he finished 35th.
- That's helped Ferrari flourish despite huge prices, mechanical gremlins and servicing costs that make a date with J-Lo look cheap.
- The South African ironed out the gremlins in his game - especially his service and return-of-serve - although he had to battle to gain the upperhand in the second set.
- The best pit crew in the business will help this team remain dominant - if Kenseth avoids the mechanical gremlins that have plagued his Roush Racing teammates.
- Unfortunately, we encountered some electrical gremlins in Pomona, and, as a result, we have had to backtrack to square one to establish a solid baseline.
- To Martin Cullen I say, that is if he is left in power, maybe it would be a good idea to sort out the gremlins in electronic voting and give us all a break.
- We also had an electrical gremlin that affected us for longer than what we thought.
- There are some scratches and blemishes visible in the very early going, but for the most part this is a shockingly bright, clean, clear transfer with almost no digital gremlins to complain about.
- He's on form, he's injury free and I think he'll do it if he stays clear of the mechanical gremlins.
- The Ferrari driver had the upper hand over team-mate Michael Schumacher on Friday, when the champion appeared to be in a strop that team insiders insisted had nothing to do with uncharacteristic electronic gremlins and understeer.
- If you want to hear something heretical in the digital age, I often still use an old analog cassette recorder, the venerable Sony TC-D5M It runs on D-Cells and is not subject to digital gremlins.
- Father-of-two Mr Broad has been having trouble with his Nissan Almeria but the mysterious electronic gremlins are striking a range of cars including Toyotas, Volkswagens and Land Rovers.
- TRG struggled with mechanical gremlins during the Rolex Sports Car Series race at Laguna Seca Raceway.
- We offer our condolences to Alicia Keys and Celine Dion, who were vexed by rare, but inexcusable, technical gremlins during their performances.
- However, it was to no avail as about three laps later he was sidelined with mechanical gremlins while his team mate Ralf Schumacher spun off and beached himself in the sand.
- Fox presents Kingdom of Heaven in a breathtaking 2.35.1 anamorphic widescreen transfer that seems almost totally free of any digital gremlins.
- McLaren must be facing Melbourne with mixed feelings, because for the past two years, they have had the quickest car on the track, only to fall away in the opening two races with mechanical gremlins.
- Partnered by Nick Patrick the pair were beset by mechanical gremlins in 2004 after their roll on the Astra Stages.
- But his glory was shortlived and he dropped down the pack for an eventual seventh place finish when mechanical gremlins struck.
- This time the early season gremlins were of the electronic kind.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.