In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1carreras de galgos feminine
- The stadium continued to host greyhound racing, horse shows and athletics.
- Mícheál has also had a life-long interest in greyhound racing and regularly commentated on the sport on both radio and television.
- In its early years it was also used for greyhound racing and speedway racing.
- He was also a keen follower of greyhound racing and enjoyed regular success on the track with his dogs.
- The Irish Coursing Club continued to regulate greyhound racing in Northern Ireland.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.