1BritishCooking(in electric, gas grill) hacer al grill(over charcoal) hacer a la parrilla(over charcoal) hacer a las brasas(over charcoal) asar a la parrilla(over charcoal) asar a las brasasgrilled sardines — sardinas a la parrilla / a las brasas feminine
- The lone server at the counter is welcoming, makes suggestions, and easily takes our order, makes the juices and grills our sandwiches inside four minutes.
- The men were drinking beer and grilling sausages on gas-fired barbecues.
- To grill bell peppers, rinse them and cut them in half lengthwise; then discard stems and seeds.
- The chicken is then grilled and the marinade is heated and poured over it.
- Josh let her in and they walked out the back door to where Matt was attempting to grill steaks.
- Hey, what do you think about grilling some chicken on the barbecue for dinner?
- Roasted and ground to a paste, they make the famous satay sauce for meat grilled on skewers.
- Split the muffins and lightly grill the insides only.
- You can also prepare meals in a more healthy way, for example baking or grilling foods instead of frying.
- Fish is boiled or grilled over open fires and eaten by hand.
- Small tasty dishes such as grilled aubergine, peppers and courgettes or bruschetta are there to get your stomach interested.
- The thick pork was nicely grilled, yet the mustard taste came only from a mustard dressing smeared on top.
- Braised kidneys are liked in France, and kidneys grilled on skewers are popular in the Near and Middle East.
- Then there's roast turkey, prime rib, or grilled steak for dinner.
- Delicious, light and airy ciabatta bread was lightly grilled and spread with aioli.
- They were intending to grill a burger or two when Mary realized that neither of them had any means of lighting the coals.
- Piri-piri sauce, usually used as a marinade, is fiery and oily, which makes it perfect for roasted or grilled meats.
- So, once everything is mixed together, grill the burgers and bacon.
- If I want something light I have the freshly grilled tuna with vegetables.
- I think it had been brushed with butter, well seasoned, then grilled.
2(interrogate)interrogarshe really grilled me about what had happened — me acribilló a preguntas sobre lo que había pasado informal
- Joe was full of interest in me, but I almost felt like he was grilling me for some weird reason, digging for something.
- My mom took to grilling me almost daily on my plans and goals.
- John then began grilling him about how many employers had been indicted in Southern California for hiring illegals.
- It turned out to be an excuse to stand in the kitchen for fifteen minutes and grill me about mine and Lisa's wedding plans.
- They had started grilling him at 2.45 pm but it was not until long after sunset that the prosecutors played what they saw as their master card.
- A search warrant was produced while he was ushered into the living room where he was grilled for 15 minutes.
- Every time I come home from school, they grill me about what I learned that day.
- She's been grilling me about what happened last Saturday with Owen, as if anything's going to happen, for hours now.
- He was grilled in the witness box for 15 days by the prosecution and defence barristers.
- I went in to ask them questions, and they ended up grilling me for about six hours.
- Simon, my husband, was baby-sitting and when he grilled me on my return, I admitted my date hadn't been Jill.
- The group gathered round, not yet decided as to whether they were going to thank him for the free holidays or grill him for information.
- I spent the entire flight reading serious magazines like Newsweek to try and fill my mind with stuff he might grill me on.
- Analysts have taken a mischievous delight in grilling him at meetings; he cannot hide his irritation at being asked questions he would rather not answer.
- You tell me you're coming over to talk to Tom, but then the two of you wind up grilling me on my wedding plans.
- I was basically grilled for an hour and a half rather than interviewed.
- Earlier this month, defence officials were grilled for seven hours by members of the committee.
- She was waiting at the door when we came around the corner ready to grill us.
- He was grilled by students, parents, teachers and children opposed to his flagship university policy.
- Knowing Jen the way I do she'll probably grill me until I tell her everything.
1British(on stove)grill masculinegratinador masculine
- Scatter over the breadcrumbs and place under a hot grill, a good few inches from the heat, until golden.
- Put the sardines into a small ovenproof dish and place under the grill till they sizzle - it will take around five minutes.
- Depending on the heat of your grill, this will take 7-10 minutes.
- Brushing the kebabs with olive oil, I stick them under the grill and start preparing the salad.
- Return the peppers to the grill pan and sprinkle with the Parmesan cheese.
2(on barbecue)parrilla femininemeat cooked on a charcoal grill — carne a las brasas / a la parrilla feminine
- If using a charcoal grill, preheat it to medium.
- Grill small sardines on the open grill and serve with a twist of lemon and a healthy shake of freshly ground black pepper.
- There were few people at the moment, but there were barbecue pits with picnic tables and four large covered areas with huge open grills and rows of tables.
- The entrance led past an open kitchen with a vast wood burning oven and open charcoal grills.
- The weather was good as the steaks sizzled away on the giant barbeque grills along side baked jacket potatoes.
- There's also the need for food, whether it's a burger from the beach grill or a fancy upscale restaurant.
- The 7,200-square-foot clubhouse includes a golf shop, dining and grill rooms overlooking the picturesque golf course, banquet facilities, and complete men's and women's locker rooms.
- The local Indian restaurant has become a grill room, with South African and Australian flags outside.
- Very friendly front-of-house, nice bar area and both the grill and the restaurant offer pretty views of a windy forecourt between four skyscrapers.
- There's an authentic 1930's cocktail bar, a delightful, parasol-covered garden café and an elegant grill room beneath the spectacular cupola, with mosaic floors and stained glass windows.