1Technologymuela femininepiedra de afilar feminineback to the grindstone! — ¡de vuelta al yugo!
- He is seen sharpening a weapon on an old-fashioned grindstone.
- Men occasionally damaged axes, meaning a visit to a nearby grindstone to hone a nick from the edge.
- We also took turns at turning the crank of the grindstone when scythes needed to be sharpened.
- This can be done by rubbing away surplus metal with a grindstone, whetstone, oilstone, steel, ceramic rod, leather strop or the palm of your hand.
- We're ready, the blades are being honed on the grindstones.
2(millstone)muela femininepiedra de molino femininerueda de molino feminine
- The grinding of the grain was done with a grindstone called a Rotary Quern, or a Hand Quern (a small stone on top of a larger stone with the grain in between) if you were poorer.
- The most important possessions of the miller were his pairs of grindstones, which were incredibly expensive.
- I looked in at the mill, saw the wear on the grindstone, awoke the morning next and - strangely - ordered that another be cut from my quarries up north.
- His master, Monsieur Vanderdendur, cut off his hand when his finger got caught in the grindstone in a sugar mill.
- Inside, huge grindstones are crushing wheat into flour once again, after an interruption of a century or so.