In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(person)asqueroso masculineasquerosa feminineguarro masculine Spain informalguarra feminine Spain informal
- It is the third film in the gross-out comedy series, and, contrary to initial scepticism, is a worthy way to finish the trilogy.
- In short, it might be unfair to stick a simple gross-out label on the movie.
- They sound like honest, competent adults, still amazed that a gross-out comic they created in college is now an international phenomenon.
- They didn't rely on stale shock scares or over the top gross-outs.
- Everywhere the meat is bloodless and pale, reducing the gross-out factor and allowing the viewer to focus on the craft.
- From harebrained bar tricks to oddball skills to risqué business to lewd gross-outs, your idea can be integrated into this colossal show, a wall-to-wall theatre of the wacky and the bizarre.
- It's more of a fun horror film than a gross-out film.
- This comedy, however, isn't anything like the gross-out humor flicks that have been coming out lately.
- What is fascinating about these films (in particular the last two) is the boundary-pushing gross-out humour that he toys with.
- In these days of media gross-outs, it's incredibly hard to provoke a visceral reaction in anyone anymore.
- It shies away from the industry/sales-driven trash and the shlock-horror gross-out jocks on the commercial FM stations.
- This could be the setup for a gross-out comedy or a horror film.
- Looks like we've got ourselves a teen gross-out movie.
- Unfortunately, it also has a gross-out element.
- It's an excruciating mess, unable to make up its mind if it's a dating-game comedy, wacky road movie or a teen-market gross-out fest.
- This isn't just a gross-out session by the band - what their point is isn't entirely clear, but it's not a joke.
- To direct, they brought in the special effects and make-up wizard who created the gleefully ghoulish gross-outs seen in the first film.
- A good gross-out film will, in fact, be a cohesive movie with a handful of outrageous scene-stealers.
- He was after a more primal ritual: the mass gross-out.
- I would have been able to ignore the gross-out element, though, if the story had been strong.
2(situation)situación repugnante feminine
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.